What you need to know...
- The Aberaeron Integrated Care Centre will provide improved facilities and access for the provision of primary, community, social care and third sector services and facilities for people living in Aberaeron and the surrounding area. This integrated approach will tansform local services to meet the future care needs of the community by providing high quality services closer to home.
- The new centre is included as part of a significant All Wales investment in priority primary care and community projects across Hywel Dda University Health Board for now and in the future, and is a positive development for local communities.
- The business justification case for the proposed development was submitted to Welsh Government in February 2018 for Welsh Government approval.
What services will be provided?
- The proposed new integrated care centre, located in the Minaeron premises in Aberaeron, will provide an improved, fit-for-purpose health and social care facility for the local population, bringing care closer to home. It will replace Aberaeron Cottage Hospital and Tanyfron GP Surgery.
- A wide range of integrated health and social care services will be delivered, the third sector, local authority, and other partner organisations, including GPs and potentially other statutory services
- It will provide the opportunity for sharing knowledge, resulting in improved standards of care and better outcomes for all, with an enhanced working environment for staff.
- The main Contractor, Lewis, Construction (Wales) Ltd. has been selected following tender process and will commence work to refurbish the premises following Welsh Government funding approval.
- Regular updates will be provided to keep people informed of progress with this exciting development.
Benefits associated with the Integrated Care Centre include:
- Improved integration of services and care pathways
- Improved communication across the range of service providers
- Increased range of services and improved access to clinics closer to home
- Improved clinical outcomes
- Improved environment